Sunday, January 08, 2006

Dreams

As a child, I had many dreams, some good ones which I made a point to write down when I woke up in the mornings, and some weird ones like being chased after a pink whale and the moving cars. I even remember having recurring dreams which I can still recall now, it happened when I was 14 and it kept on bugging me for a while. But dreams that amaze me most are the ones that seem so real that when you wake up from it, you're actually crying, for real. I've got some of that as well. On one dream, I attended my own brother's funeral and because both of us were in boarding schools, we did not see each other so much then, so I thought it happened because I missed him badly. But it's funny how some people say dreams actually have meanings to it, or rather, they can be interpreted in a lot of ways, some weird ones too, I tell you. When told that I had that dream, my senior just laughed and said "Don't worry, if you dream of somebdy dying, he probably has too much to eat for the day", which was not entirely untrue because my brother, Adik, is a BIG guy and he eats a lot too. But if that is to be true, I should have that dream every other day too!

And then there's 'somebody will ask you for a hand in marriage' if you dream of getting bitten by a snake, 'you will soon have so much happiness' if you dream of a snake but it doesn't bit you. There's probably many other so renowned ones which I've forgotten, I would normally go to my mama or my sister in the mornings to tell them what I dreamt the night before and they would tell me what it meant. I liked that. One time, I even remember we had a 'Tafsir Mimpi' book which looked so ancient it might as well had been inherited from my abah's granfather. But I don't know whether the book is still in the house now, so long ago when I last looked at it.

You see, it was so long since I had a good dream. People say if you're too tired then you wouldn't dream at all, and that perhaps you can't recall it. Or perhaps, you're just too busy you have no time to even try to recall them. But last night I had a dream, and I remember feeling so happy in it and that it involved someone I know. Oh take that, make that someone I had, and may still have a crush on. And it was a long time since I had this kind of dreams, too. =P

No comments: