Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Pong, May You Rest In Peace, and Teh, come home soon will you.

I am unstable.My head is groggy. I threw up twice since 4pm. I did not manage to finish up my homework. And just now wehen everyone is back in the chalet, i wish it was saturday again.

At about 1.45pm, mama called. Pong, my beloved cat is gone. She had just given birth barely two weeks ago to two kittens, named Amy and Awie, after Amy Search and Awie. But now, the mother is gone. According to mama, she had not been very healthy since the delivery. And we all knew Pong always had bout fever every now and then. But abah always told us that it was nothing serious, it might have been because she liked to eat all those weird insects. She ate everything, from lizards to frogs to ants, and everything else she could find. And it didn't help that she hadn't had a very good tummy. She puked like once in a fortnight. Abah had to take care of the mess when she did. No one else would do it. It would always be abah. Once it was on her bed. Everyone else (the cats and kittens) had to moved to some new futon. mama had to make a new place for them and throw the stained one. But it amazed me, how no one complained about these misbehaving cats. Its all due to the fact that we all love cats. We always have. When we were in Labuan, (i was just a small kid then, about 4 or 5) we used to have about 14 cats! My parents adore cats. And it runs in the family.

My cats: (according to when they came to live with us)

The late Pong.(She was closest to my brother Bob, God knows how Bob is feeling right now)
Anne (mother of Teh and Tam, she came when she's already anak dara,as mama puts it, she's a beauty,long grey haired this one)
Kay ( ni suka gigit orang ni)
Misae (pronounced misai,or misae,but abah calls him tok misai, and I am closest to this one)
Tam (ni macam the mask of zorro)
Teh (very the adorable)
and the youngest members in the family:
Awie and Amy. (I haven't been able to meet this two yet)

Postscript: I forgot to mention another sad news. Teh had been missing for about a week now. Mama also frogot to tell me this earlier. I guess they were all busy about Pong that this news came late to me. Mama suspected that someone had stolen her from our house. Abah said Teh was adorable, anyone would take her home. What's more, she's a pretty nice cat too. and clean. and adorable. Oh no, I miss her sooo much, Mama said don't be too hopeful, we might just lost her for good. It's just impossible for her to remember her way home. Oh Teh, please go home. I miss you soo much. I am missing my cats now.....

No comments: