Monday, March 31, 2008

Burnt

I burnt the kitchen today. Again. This is actually the third time. But it's the first time that the alarm went off. The other two incidents I was quite lucky that it did not trigger the alarm although they were much worse than this since this time around there wasn't any food burnt or even fire. Only smoke. Thick black smoke that blackened every inch of the wall, ceiling and cupboard doors. Even the floor. Everything.

I'm now trying to figure out what signs did I get this morning that perhaps might give away that something bad would happen today. None. Nada. well except for the fact that I was late for subuh. But everything else was like normal. Had my shower and wanted to cook something for brunch. Heat up the grill and went to type the CIM report. And then the alarm went off.

I ran off and found the kitchen covered in smoke. The pot with oil was hot. Took it and poured water into sink. Opened window. Tried to wipe off the smoke from wall. Too dark in there couldn't see anything.

No comments: