Sunday, March 02, 2008

Birthdays

The past weeks have been the most eventful ones in my life. I'd like to believe that I've been through some tests in life, and the outcomes have seriously made me a stronger person.

Also, in February two other family members including celebrated their birthdays, adik (my older brother) on the 10th and mama on the 26th. I didn't get to wish Adik on his although he was home at the time I called and spoke to mama, but there were more pressing matters, and I was just mentally unstable at the time. I felt bad for this but I hope he knows how much I love him and my wishes for him to achiever his every desire in this life and hereafter.

As Kak Siha was here for about one month, and was leaving for Malaysia a couple of weeks back, I took the chance to get something for my parents and Ikram back home. After having a terrible experience with Pos Malaysia a year ago; where a parcel full with new Baby clothes for Anis (my bro Bancik's daughter, and first niece in the family!) went missing and couldn't be traced by anyone, I completely lost my trust to post anything else. There were few attempts though, I sent some birthday cards last year, but was completely exasperated when it never arrived! I am led to believe that the postmen or women might have just completely erased my parents' address from their system. Either that or they got lost on the way there from the highway. Or probably there's a magic spell that makes my house untraceable and couldn't be seen by the human eyes. I reserve my rants for another entry perhaps.

On the night of mine, my flatmates were so nice to throw a surprise. It was a Sunday (the next day was my birthday) and everyone was gone for the weekend except me (I'm always the boring one!) and another flatmate N. I was sure nobody would be there but later on close or probably after midnight they were throwing something onto my window. And then they were more people banging on the door. D, M, and W who were from other flats were also there. They were cakes and pizzas and muffins and balloons. I'm never a big birthday person but I appreciate it a lot nonetheless. Thanks girls!!

And happy birthday to other people celebrating on February, also to some who don't get to see their birthday too often, here's to all who were born on the 29th! Wow, how lucky, you guys age once in 4 years time!

No comments: