Thursday, June 12, 2008

My goal after exams!

I made a pack with Siti that we should both try and lose a few kilos after exams. Our motivation? So that we'd look good in our graduation pics and when we smile we can smile as wide as possible and don't have to worry about our faces going too round or our eyes going too small! Well the latter part only applies to me actually. If you must know, I refused to smile in my Form Five pictures since my cheeks would push my tudung outwards and make me look like a certain creature which I would not mention. Seriously that was when I was 17 and when I weighed a few grams short of 50!

And now ladies and gentlemen, I am nowhere near the 8 stone mark on your bathroom scales, but in pictures I still smiled broadly, but I had to face the camera sideways in the intention to make my face (and the full body mind you) look slimmer! Hah, who says camera trick was difficult! Alas, I don't think it works anyway...

So, now, I have made a promise to myself to exercise at least 30 minutes everyday, and so far I have been keeping the promise. It has just been a week, and I have only lost about 1 1/2 kilos! I refuse to give up, since giving up would undoubtedly pile on the weight again. I've tried before and when I gave up, it proved that my weight went soaring up again! So let's see how it goes. I pray to Allah to give me strengths to do this, what I need is just determination.

Just four weeks left to graduation, and hopefully I can shed a few more kilos and be all smiles again for graduation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.