Monday, August 09, 2010

Amsterdam

The course was surprisingly very very good! My prayers were answered, despite not having a roommate before going there, Yasmin, the sister I contacted beforehand had found herself wanting to swap room as her friend from work could not join her due to visa issues.

So we shared a room, and I couldn't ask for a better roommie! We had soo much fun together, not least because she enjoys snapping pics as much as I do! And it's sooo funny how I felt like I've known her way before we even met. There was one night where we just chatted until the early hours and I think I fell asleep halfway through the conversation, sorry darling! Hopefully we'll get to meet each other soon, really missed her already!

Things I realised:
1) Europeans are sooo much friendlier than English people. Fact.
2) Wearing hijab is a good way of starting a conversation, not just with fellow Muslims, but also non-muslims.
3) I'm sooooo thankful England is very tolerant towards Muslims, as some European countries won't even allow women to wear what they like (read No2). Alhamdulillah.
4) Even if I eat more than 3 meals per day (during the course), or diet extensively (at home), I still end up with the same weight! So diet or not, I won't lose anymore weight? Noooooo!
5) The food there was ah-ma-zing I wish I could stay for another week!

Ok will list more if I remember any other good points.

Tomorrow is college! Ohh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wish me luck!

No comments: