Sunday, August 10, 2008

While I was in hiatus..I

A lot has happened since the last entry on June 15th. As I'm writing this, Mama is asleep on the bed and I'm very very grateful to Allah for having her with me now. Let's recall what has happened since June 15th.

I was busy working at Arden and Arts Centre after exams and on some good days I put on my running shoes and ran around campus after work. Plus some mornings when I wasn't working. That was fun. On some days, I had Jang/Siti with me and we'd talk about a lot of things.

And then there was packing to do as we had to move out of Hurst by 28th June. To westwood. The day before we had to move out, I was trying to hire a van to move my boxes to a store (which hadn't been decided yet by then), but they were either booked up or too expensive! I was planning to store my stuff with some other friends, but Alhamdulillah I worked out a better alternative. Thanks to my friends' neighbour; an elderly lady whom I've never met before. She let me put my stuff at her place for free!

Westwood was okay, I was sharing with Marjan and Siti, but the floor was really packed with uni-leavers, no-one was really taking care of hygiene! I hate going into the kitchen/bathroom at night. Too disgusting, so I avoided these places as much as I could. I'd just go to work in the morning, after work I'd go to the prayer hall as most of the time I'd be working at Arts Centre till late. Thank God for Sha's bike and shuttle van at night!

Mama arrived on the 12th of July and I had booked myself another room at Westwood on the 10th. As I was working for graduation, we'd be moving out again for Rootes, and I was so sorry for my mom as we had to move out for so many times. And I know she's not as strong as she used to be anymore, so going up and down the stairs are really not for her, but I had no other choice.

No comments: