Saturday, October 28, 2006

Overdue Raya Entry

It's Friday today. At least in this part of the world it is. Raya was on Monday in here, so that means its the 5th day of Syawal. But it barely feels like raya, today, yesterday, or even the day of the raya itself. If I can be totally honest with you, it doesn't feel like nothing at all. Have I lost that raya spirit? Should I feel guilty for not having any? There's guilt, really. Even on the day of the raya itself. Its probably because in my first year here, I was tremendously sad and sensitive of the word 'raya'. I think it's just natural that this time around I got used to it.

Having said that, it wasn't so bad afterall. I did all the raya things that I've been doing every year. But it didn't have a good start. The night before raya I was working at the Arts Centre while they had takbir in the Prayer Hall. Guilty? Yes, a lot.

Took the last bus home, and straight to bed.

Woke up late. The whole house did. Ran for the bus, ran to catch the solat raya, out of breath by the first takbir.

Ate biscuits and took lots of pictures. Fire alarm went off, everyone went out and snapped even more photos outside.

Went for class, then off to Kak Lin's house with Sarah Fizah Siti and Ibrahim. Nice rendang and nasi himpit. Met some other Phd families and their kids. Photos again.

Kak Shida's house in the afternoon. Laksa and nasi tomato. Kak Shida has a very big and beautiful garden. Took photos again. Must remember to make puding cermin next time.

Went to Japanese Class at 5. Both Siti and me couldnt really pay attention to what Miho-sensei was talking about. But Siti was the worst one, mata dragon as we call it.

Didnt go for Abg faiz's open house in the evening. Too tired. Went home after talking to mama. (It was the night before raya at home)

That was my raya. How was yours?

No comments: